California Privacy Statement
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY RIGHTS STATEMENT
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect or process the following categories of personal information as specified in the CCPA:
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers. Social Security number, driver’s license number and passport information may be obtained in limited instances for identity and age verification and tax purposes.
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements.
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, olfactory, and similar information.
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information.
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, and credit or debit card number.
- Protected Classifications: certain characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. federal law, such as age, sex, gender, disability, and military and veteran status.
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We may use the categories of personal information listed above for the purposes described in our Privacy and Cookie Notice and for certain business purposes specified under the CCPA, as described below.
- Short-Term Use, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Performing Services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance.
- Detecting Security Incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Safety, including undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
Our Prior Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may have collected and used your personal information, as described in section 1 above, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this CCPR Statement. For the personal information collected during that timeframe, we describe below: (a) the categories of sources from which we may have obtained the personal information, (b) the categories of third parties with whom we may have shared the information, and (c) the categories of personal information we may have sold.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
We may have obtained personal information about you from various sources, including:
- Directly from you (such as when you visit our website, enter a competition, take advantage of a promotion, redeem a coupon or offer, fill in a questionnaire or survey, purchase products or services from us, contact us with an inquiry, register on or post a comment on our website or app, attend our events, forward an item to a friend, communicate with us via social media or third-party apps and/or inform us of your marketing preferences)
- From your devices, such as when you browse or use our website or apps
- Your family or friends (such as when they contact us on your behalf, or refer you for one of our contests, sweepstakes or other participatory events)
- Our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies, and any of their related businesses
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Business partners (such as distributors and joint marketing partners)
- Social media platforms and other third-party websites with whom we have partnered
- Online advertising technologies companies
- Government entities
- Consumer data resellers
- Publicly-available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators
- Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. We may allow certain third parties (such as certain advertising partners) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our websites in an effort to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you. The categories of personal information that may have been disclosed in this manner include: Identifiers, Protected Classifications, Commercial Information, Online Activity, Geolocation Data, and Inferences. We share these categories of personal information for online advertising purposes as described in our Privacy and Cookie Notice. You have the right to opt out of interest- based advertising, as detailed below and in the “Marketing Cookies” section of our Privacy and Cookie Notice.
- Categories of Sources of Personal Information
California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months. To submit an access request, you may contact us here: email@example.com
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you. To submit a deletion request, you may contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. For information about how to manage cookies and opt out of online interest-based advertising, please see the “Cookies” section of our Privacy and Cookie Notice. Your opt-out will be specific to the web browser or device you use at the time you exercise your opt-out rights; if you use multiple web browsers or devices, you will need to opt-out from each browser and device. Opting out of the sale of your information for interest-based advertising purposes does not mean you will stop seeing ads, including interest-based ads, and your information that was collected prior to 90 days before your opt-out request may be further used for interest-based advertising purposes. Please understand that we will still share your information in ways that are not a “sale,” such as with our service providers, for our own online advertising purposes.
To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, contact us at email@example.com.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, if you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we will take steps and may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
Shine the Light Requests: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to opt out of the disclosure of your personal information by Dos Hombres to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make an opt-out request of such disclosures, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.